Playing by the old client is not supported (old flash technology), so you play at your own risk. Officially, BB declared there would be no bans for playing in this way.
Installation of TSO client – Old flash version of the game 🙂
Some information about the program and operation:
The script and method of use in the browser is by “Sin aka SirriS” – best regards 🙂
The program is launched using the client available on the official TSO website.
What should be done to run the old version of the game and enjoy the correct operation again before “Unity”:
(all the necessary files are in the directory)
Download the TSO Client – 32bit: Download From Google Disk (27.10.2021)
Download the TSO Client – 64bit: Download From Google Disk (27.10.2021)
After each game update/maintenance, we need to download and replace the client.swf file in the client directory:
Download new file client.swf (update 27.10.2021) and replace in folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online
1. Install the TSO client – “The Settlers Online Installer.exe”
2. Go to the directory where TSO client is installed, by default :
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\The Settlers Online
in addition, open the folder with the downloaded files and find the file “client.swf”.
3. Copy the file “client.swf” and paste it into the TSO client folder.
4. Delete file “The Settlers Online.exe” from the folder with TSO Client .
5. Find the file name “Client.exe” and change its name to “The Settlers Online.exe”.
If you don’t see the file extension (exe, swf, etc.) you need to enter: Folder Options/View/Hide extensions for known file types (uncheck)
6. Download/install the browser extension Tampermonkey (an add-on for scripting) for “Chrome” or “Brawe” from link:
7. After installation, a new extension icon will appear, click on it and select “Add New Script”
8. A window with the script editor will appear – don’t worry, everything is fine. Minimize the browser window.
9. Go to your download folder and open the file in “notepad” “ScriptTSO.txt”.
Copy the content and paste into the script open in the browser and save by clicking “File” -> “Save”
10. Now close the browser and restart it.
11.Log in to the game.
12. After logging in, a new button will appear in the menu on the “PLAY WITH CLIENT” page – click there instead of clicking the “PLAY” button .
13. The browser will ask us whether to open this game with the client, mark it to remember the choice and click yes.
14. After a while, it will load us with the old version of the game in the client.